Monday, February 04, 2013

芋头糕

The work started at 4.30pm.

Cut the 虾米 into tiny pieces (but next time I will make the piece bigger, no need to cut too small, too small until I can't really taste it is also no fun), and also 蒜头,葱头,put some 五香粉, salt, pepper, and also 粘面粉, water, and then 不停的翻动在锅里,until the yam becomes totally "melted"... and then steam!

by the time I finished, it's like 6.30pm++.... so tired.... I keep steaming and steaming, because the yam feels so soft and sticky still when I used the fork to duk it. But little did I know, once it is cooled down, it will be hardened. The recipe should say so mah... I think I steamed it for 1.5 hours. But I think actualy max 40 min is enough.

And have to do the toppings... topping is very important according to Bui. He kept taking my toppings, I told him I only make this much, he needs to ration it. hahaha...

Pai seh, took the photo of half eaten yam cake... hahaha...

Ok ok, here's the total picture of how it looks like.

This is the topping..., ingredient is 菜脯粒(the one u used to fried eggs), 虾米 again (needs to cut tiny pieces again), samba sauce, and fried them all together. A bit too salty this time, next time I will not put salt at all because I forgot the caipu is salty already.

If my papa is still around, he will be so proud of my yam dish... whenever I eat this dish, I thought of him. This is is favorite dish.

I still have another half of the yam at fridge. Bui kept saying we should do it again. But I tell him I need to recoup from the n ightmare of cutting those little stuff first.... so tiring!

Bui finished all my yam cake within 24 hours! :D

3 comments:

mun said...

Your yam cake looks delicious! You have such patience to make it. I like to eat yam cakes too but not those sold outside because they use too much flour and not enough yam.

Next time ask your husband to help you cut the yam into small cubes, then you can make it again. :)

Jennifer said...

Agree with Mun. Ask your husband to cut the ingredients since he likes to eat so much. Haha! I also love yam cake. Why you live so far away? :P

Elizebeth D.L. said...

Bui's hands are big... easily cut his fingers if asked him to cut small stuff... what to do, I cut myself loh...

I want to try 萝卜糕 next! yay!