Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Reader

Last night, Jay went out meet his ex-colleague who was in town. While I was walking home in a windy, rainy night, he was enjoying steak at JW Marriot hotel with her. Yah, it's a her. Aigie asked me I not scared meh. I said he told me she is fat. Aigie replied, "he bluff one. haha". I trust him lah. But later when he came home, I jealously making comment, "why eat steak? You also didn't eat steak with me so long time liao, some more in JW marriot." Jay said, "asked you to go with me you said sian don't want to go yeng chao, now jealous ah?" I said, "did you guys kiss?" Yah, sometimes I can ask weird question out of the blue. Jay replied, "no we didn't kiss. we only make love." Haha. Needless to say, he was kena cubit by me after that.

Anyway, I watched this movie called "The Reader" last night while he was enjoying steak outside. It's an interesting movie. Maybe if you are the type 姐弟恋 then you shouldn't watch. Because it's a sad ending. The woman was 21 years older than the guy (who was only 15) when they become "lover". I am not sure if that should be called lover because all they did was make love after he came back from school, almost every single day. He even sold his stamp collection just to have some extra money bring her out for small vacation. And at a restaurant, the waitress commented, "hope your mom enjoyed the food", he was pissed and purposely kiss that woman in front of the waitress.

The movie got a big twist later on. Don't want to say so much because maybe some of you want to go watch it. But the fact is, when he met her later on when he was a middle-aged man, he took back his hand when she tried to touched his hand with her wrinkled hand. It's sad. How age plays tricks.. I bet he didn't think about this when he was having sex with her when he was 15 that time. Yucks... imagine now he is 40, and making love with her at 61... that's weird and quite sick (well maybe because she looked so old at 61 without taking care of her skin..)

So I am thinking, those young boy love older woman, would they regret when they turn 40 and their wife turned 60? or even 50? I really don't know... let me ask Jay this question tonight (which I forgot to ask last night) -- will you still love me if I am 20 years older than you??

p/s: this movie is actually not so much on love (even though a lot of those scenes), it's using a relationship between a teenage boy and an older woman to explore and evade questions about post-war German guilt... (geng or not? this kind of plot also can)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha... jay had sense of humour, =) cheers

christine