Wednesday, January 21, 2009

CNY Plan


Babe and I have spent numerous weekends afternoon facing the laptop, clicking here and there to decide where to go this CNY. Since this year is the first year my dad not with us, there's nothing to celebrate back home. Mom also planned a trip with sister to go out of country. I hope they have a great trip.

Our first option, Bali. Since mom just came back from there in Nov and she said it was nice to go there, so I click click and submitted all information. After that, I clicked to check the weather there. Damn it, of 12 months in a year, January has the heaviest raining season in Bali. What else I can do in Bali if it is raining? So I quickly called the tour company and cancel my trip. And, wasted my few afternoons efforts. Because I like to check through all hotels comment before commited to one, and this kind of research takes time. I was exhausted and giving up. Then Jay said let's just go Japan.

I am not a Japan fans, but I figured out we don't have a choice. I ain't gonna waste my precious holidays staying in Shanghai. So, I click click and submitted info. This time I don't have to do research on hotels because I don't have the opportunity to choose. It's all pre-set, because it's a group tour.

Of so many countries, Japan is one of the country that needed Malaysian to get a visa. So, we went to the Japan embassy in shanghai, submitted passport and money, and it was quite efficient, after exactly 7 days, they called us to pick it up.

Some how, the news that I am going to Japan has spread to the whole office, including our vendor also know about it (i really wonder why). They were very jealous, you know why? For chinese citizen to go Japan, if you are a single female, you need to prepare 250,000 RMB. 150,000 RMB is for deposit purpose (will return to you after your return from Japan), and you need to make sure you have at least 100,000 RMB in your bank account, at savings. If you are a married person, then you just need to prepare 200,000 RMB. Wow... no wonder they jealous. Because being a non-china citizen, we don't have to fulfill that. We just get visa paying RMB200.

So here am I, waiting to go Japan... not quite excited, because it's winter, but, at least something to look a bit forward to, right or not folks?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

新年快乐! wish you have a wonderful trip in japan..

christine

angela said...

Gong Hey Fatt Choy ah!
:)

Purple~MushRooM said...

Faster blog about your japan trip!

Anonymous said...

Do update us with some really great photos of Japan, ok?