Monday, July 09, 2012

Ikea and Ah bui

Because of moving to new place, we have been making frequent trips to Ikea.

Our shoe rack, bathroom cabinet, living room cabinet, curtain rod, curtain, lights, are all from Ikea. Sometimes when I am halfway screwing the cabinet, I will blurt out "I HATE YOU IKEA!!!!!! FUCK YOU!!!!"... because, let's be honest, the screwing job is not that easy as it seems. Sigh.... and sometimes towards the last step, only realized they do not provide the blardy screws that hook the item to the wall. Kanasai or not??

Anyway, I have never see my Bui lose control either outside or at home. But, yesterday, I first time witness my Ah Bui can lose control too, if it is about his food. (Hahahahhahaa.... oh dear...). Yesterday is the second time, due to time constraint, we eat at Ikea. They have this roasted chicken set that my ah bui wanted to try but never get to have, because, at both times that he ordered (different day some more), it was out of stock, and need to wait dunno like half an hour like that. Ah Bui is very 执著 when it comes to food. He scolded the waiter first time few weeks ago, he told them if it is out of stock, should remove the item from the Menu, or stick a "out of order" sticker or something like that. Yesterday, is the second time he tried to order this item and the waiter told him no more, have to wait. So Ah Bui quite angry already, but still manage to  hold it, and said, OK, I WILL WAIT. The stupid Waiter (korean old lady), after bui said he will wait, still ask him "would you like a beef?". She is really inviting a kaboom of land mine. First of all, Bui does not take beef. Secondly he already said he will wait. And then, of course bui said, "I don't eat beef. I already said I will wait.". Then they just ignored him. U know the stupid ikea cafeteria line up ge lah, like in prison like that, the line needs to keep moving after you take your order. So Bui is confused, how is he supposed to wait???? He asked the other waiter, how is he going to wait? The waiter told him he has to come back. Then bui turned to me, "how am I supposed to know when to come back???? got timer????". I tell u ah, bui never 发这么大的脾气. He was really pissed off. First time he lose cool in front of me, is because of food. hahahahaha... I have to hold my laughter and at the same time tried to act serious in front of him. Then bui threw the plate aside, said, "Screw you. I won't eat here." BUt then ah, I already ordered my meatball set. hahahhahahaa... at the end, he has to wait for me to finish the meatball. It was very funny, and yet I heartache for him also. Heartache because my teddy bear face hubby was so pissed off by Ikea cafeteria. And this Ikea also one kind, how can the stupid roasted chicken  always be out of order????? I suspect they never have this on menu!!!!! I purposely eat for 30 min there, and observe ppl tray. None of them have chicken. Meaning it was till out of order after30 min. Ikea, really u are no good!!!

My cute ah bui....

Ikea... I suspect their business is very good. Because got one item I wanted to buy, but our car was fully loaded that time, so I said I will come back next trip for it. But it was out of stock!!!! The last time I see it still has 12 sets (it is a cabinet). Just 5 days difference, it is out of stock. WAH.... when I asked them when is the stock coming, they said, "2 weeks time, but no gaurantee.". Is this the way you supposed to freak out your customer???? Can't you take initiative to check with other location see got or not? (there's another Ikea, 30 min drive from the one we frequently go) Can't you offer to take your customer phone number and give a courtesy call when the item arrived? Can't you say "you can pay first, we will order for you, when it arrives, we will call you"... things like that??? I suspect Ikea's business is too good, that they forgot the fundamental rule in business -- Customer Rules!!!! Tiu u ikea. You think you very good? You won't go far with your attitude.

Thanks for it's out of stock on that cabinet, we decided NOT to have that item. We thought of the other alternative. Even better. We will return the two doors that we bought, and then thanks for your rude but innocent customer service, you just saved us $200. Yay~~~~

I shall show you our finished products next week :)

6 comments:

limpeh said...

wow...bui bui is one of my very very few friends who has very good temper.. (濒临绝种的好脾气男人)..so to make him pissed off, I think that matter must be very unbearable for him huh....

mun said...

You must complain to Ikea about this.
I can't wait to see photos of your furniture in your new place! :)

Elizebeth D.L. said...

Eric - it is just a plate of roasted chicken, I also cannot understand why he so 执著. haha.

Mun - ok... actually, 80% is existing furniture. Only 15%-20% is new. I am trying to get rid of am old shoe rack (a second hand online portal), but looks like new still, but nobody take a bait :( I am stucked with it. I don't know what should I do. I don't want it to end up at the 堆填区.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

Bui tried to tempt me to go KFC on that day (after he got so pissed off by Ikea "non-existent" roasted chicken set), but I told him his just took this year quota in March. So... have to wait till next year March. But nice try though. hahahaha... :p

limpeh said...

aiyo...dun control bui to that extent la...before this I can eat KFC every week one, but my wife la..after listening to what you do to Bui, now she also follow you. alamak, now she control my KFC quota to once in a month..but still better than bui...my poor bui, only can eat KFC once in a year....if you ask me to eat KFC once in a year, you might as well kill me better

Elizebeth D.L. said...

KFC is no good to your health! You men need to be disciplined by wife. hahaha...