Thursday, January 27, 2011

Health

I remember last time when I was in my 20-s, I totally have no pressure going to the routine body check up (that time, only do body check up when change job, as required by new company, instead of now, do religiously yearly).

Now if I go for check up, I need to have preparation. I will cheat myself, let's say next week body check up, this week i will drink lots of water... no eat heaty food.. no eat fried stuff.... hoping this will yield a good result, of course deep down my heart i know this last minute good girl thing won't help at all.

We went for body check up here last week. Over here, if signed by your family doctor, the check up is free of charge, absorb by government. (we every month pay medical service fees to government gah...). The medical center for body check up was so full of people!!!!!! and only 3 counters are opened. We waited 2 hours to get it down. Simple check up only, no x-ray, no eye-check. Just take blood and urine. That's it.

Today, received a call from nurse, asking for Jay (no ask me). It got me so anxious. Asked the nurse what's wrong, she won't say. She says only the doctor can comment. At first we made appointment to see doc this Saturday. Today is Thursday. I know me... if wait til Saturday, i can't sleep, can't eat between now til Saturday. I will be anxious. So I think Jay knows me well, he said why don't he go today after lunch. I said yah, u go ahead. That was at 11.45am.

from 11.45 - 2pm, I was really restless... I kept thinking what's wrong with Jay's report. What if something happened to him?? What am I supposed to do?? All the negative thoughts just swamp in. The last I had experience this kind of feeling, was 2+ years ago, when mom told me dad has to go hospital to check up something. It was mentally torture for me. I don't want to go through this again. 

Turns out that, his cholesterol is higher than the normal range of 5. His is at 6. So have to watch out diet. Jay goes to gym routinely twice a week one... dunno why like that also can have high cholesterol. We didn't eat unhealthily also... I even controlled him only one trip to KFC for every quarter (3 months). But he alwasy break the rules by going there once a month. So, now I have to strictly enforce the rule, one KFC for every 12 months only!!!!! That's it. F*** u KFC.

Any recommendation on how to bring down the cholesterol effectively? Would really like to know...

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

My hubby has the same problem. His cholesterol is around 6 with higher bad cholesterol. I also can't believe that since he goes yoga with me and he used to be a cyclist. Furthermore, he's the thin type.

Now I also have to limit him to NO fast food. Exercise is the only thing I know (other than food intake) to effectively bring cholesterol down. Maybe should exercise more vigorously. Hehe!

Elizebeth D.L. said...

Jennifer, maybe our husband secretly eat some unhealthy stuff we don't know behind our back? Hhhmmm.....

mun said...

Some says eat oats daily with lots of exercise will bring down cholesterol but of course lifestyle must be those type with no stress. Being under stress will also bring up the cholesterol level.

Jennifer said...

Elizabeth,

Probably...emm...should we spot check them? Haha!

Mun,

I have heard about eating oat but he doesn't really like it. Now he's eating healthy cereal and oat biscuit for breakfast. In our IT field, stress is inevitable. No wonder his cholesterol never low. Sigh!

Lucky Lazy Lynn said...

A lot of times it is also bad genes... My mum eat rather healthily but her cholesterol is high. My dad, when he was still around, had the worst diet an elder man could have. He and I dislike vegies, loved fatty fried food, supper almost every night and his cholesterol was always normal.

Try pu-er tea everyday, I was told that helps, :)