Thursday, January 13, 2011

Car

In KL, We need to have a car, because our public transportation (if there is any??) sucks big time. I don't want to go into details.... but we all Malaysian, so we should understand what I am saying here. In KL, no car means no leg. No car means you won't be able to get a gf also. One household, how many people working (n), then the number of car is n+1. Why plus 1? Mama also needs a car to go pasar leh, right? If not we all go work, how mama get around??

So, I moved to Shanghai for 4 years+. No car. Reasons why we never think of buying car are: we don't have an F1 driver skill, so better not have car in Shanghai (all taxi drivers in Shanghai deserves a title of F1 driver); and also their subway (we called "ditie") is so so so so so advanced. Linking one place to another. When we reached Shanghai in 2006, we only have 3 lines I think... by the time we left Shanghai last year, it was I think more than 10 lines. Wholly Cow!!!! Go where also can I tell you. The only time I told Jay I wished we had a car in Shanghai was when it was pouring with rain after office hour and getting a cab is as difficult as winning lottery. Even hou choi let you sported one cab, you won't be able to win it over from the locals. The local ladies, if they want a cab, they can run even with high heel shoes. I always wonder where these cab drivers go whenever it rains... how can it  be so little cab on the road when it is raining leh??? 不解.

Anyway, now I am in Vancouver. With a car. But today I damn bored, i go and layout the scenario what if we don't have a car. I think we still ok wor.. first of all, we stay near a big mall, so, post office, grocery, cinema, banks, bookstore, food court, restaurants all no problem to get within walking distance. I also take skytrain go to work, not driving even though I have free carpark. The only time I think we need a car is when we go out play, like summer time go hiking, go short vacation, go Seattle. I think we can do ok by renting cars if we need to do that?

How leh.... shall we sell our car?? Help~~~

5 comments:

mun said...

If owning and maintaining a car is a hassle for you, then by all means sell it! If it is not, then keep the car since you have already gone through the paperwork to buy it.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

the car insurance is til May 2011. I will think about it again when time is nearer. I hate making decision, and my hubby won't make this kind of decision one. At home, all decisions are made by me. THe only decision he has made firmly, is migrating here. haha.

mun said...

Yes, some decisions are very difficult to make. So nice of you to take on the responsibility of making decisions in your family. :)

舞者 said...

You live in a big country. You gotta have a car. Enough said.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

old law - it is big, but not that big. Trust me, no car still ok one. But since I already have one, might as well keep it and use it. Too rugi to sell lah.