Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Uncommon occupation for women

I think my whole life is very "library" oriented. Why I said so? Uni time, my house live right in front of a library, but I seldom go there. This is what chinese called 身在福中不知福. Right now, my house is also very near library. And then, my office is just right at the intersection of a cross road, where the vancouver central library is located! it is like the HQ of all the libraries. Ngo men nei sei mei!

Anyway, compared to last time when I still uni schooling, I cherish the library more nowadays. I guess because I am now more poor than uni time, so, better rent books to read as oppose to buy new one, although I really love the new book smell, and I have this weird habit of liking new stuff.... new cover... unfolded books.... I am weird I know. Even if I go supermarket buy juice or milk or anything, I always take the 3rd one on display, instead of the first one. I very silai too. hahaha...

Recently I am reading this book, the name very long, but anyway, it is about this girl who become a cab driver in New York. It is a very interesting book. It talks about the behavior of some passengers, and even traffic control officer. And she also gave an insights how to apply and go through the test to become a cab driver in New York. haha... It is not easy on her, because this job, in New York, is seldom applied by white people, and some more she is white, female.

Then it got me thinking... I once have a dream to become a plumber too. But my hubby and my good friend laughed at me, "You??? Please lah..... uh P-L-E-A-S-E!!! You say only.... you can't do it one!"... what's wrong with being a plumber wor....btw, the reason why I want to become a plumber is, I think the most annoying thing at home, to me, is whenever water is leaking, or something wrong to do with water. I don't like to rely on people one. So, if I am a plumber and I can do the job, how fantastic it will be, right??

My hubby said, "you no energy one.. how can you fasten a knob or tube? and you so afraid of dirty thing, how can you stand fixing the toilet bowl? Yo will faint!".... wah.... i never thought of that wor.... i only thought of fixing water temperature kind of thing, and changing pipe... i never thought of have to touch or see the si-si niu-niu leh...

Can I be a plumber with an exclusion clause - no deal with toilet bowl, and no deal with dirty stuff? hahahahhaa.... sigh.....

Maybe my hubby and my good friend is right..... I cannot one.... :(

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Whoa! Suddenly so hardworking in blogging? Haha! I think there's no harm dreaming something that might or might not happen. I also dream of being a professor but knowing I like to procrastinate, that's not likely. Haha! So you are not kidding you like your tools, huh? Hehe!

Sometimes I do believe life circumstances prevent us from doing something we really like but sometime thing is just meant to be...

mun said...

You can just become the plumber for your own house. Then can choose not to do those dirty plumber tasks. :)

Elizebeth D.L. said...

Mun - while I was taking the shower last night, I thought of exactly what you wrote here!!! hahaha.... we have same frequency!

Jennifer - yah, I not play play when I said I like to use those gadgets... ;)

mun said...

Yay! :)