Monday, January 24, 2011

credit card

Today chi xin already, posted 2 entries. haha...

As I am on the phone calling a credit card company in Malaysia to use my points to offset the blardy the $50 government fees (how can such policy be passed at the first place??? this is money sucker), my heart has a funny feelings... Just last week I was transferring money to pay my China credit card (the card is occassionally used for some other purpose, even though we not in China). And then 2 days ago, I was settling my canadian credit card bill online. It got me thinking, is it true that when you live at certain country for certain time, even though you not living there anymore, it feels so hard to disconnect yourself from the stuff you have had there, especially credit card. I keep having the thoughts that " keep it first... who knows wor... later I might have to move back to KL or China... if that time only come to apply credit card, how inconvenient?". So, there you go, I have credit cards in three countries now.

I wonder how long will I keep them for. Until when in my life will I have a certain answer "YES, I am staying here and ain't going anywhere else. I can LOUD LOUD say I want to cancel credit card country A, and credit card country B!"

But before I can LOUD LOUD say it out, I had better have a clear sense of each credit card's due date. Sigh... and thanks to the government fees, now I have one more thing to remember. This government fees is really getting on my nerves... I still don't understand what kind of service we receive from government on credit card that deserves this $50 pay out to government. Anybody knows this answer?? 很郁闷!

5 comments:

mun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mun said...

I like those countries that do not even charge annual fees for their credit cards. Unlike here, I have to call up the banks every year and ask them to waive my credit card annual fees. I have cancelled all my credit cards except one due to the 50 service tax.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

I think for this reason, the banks in Malaysia really hate the government. haha.. see lah, people used to hold 3-4 credit cards. Now, people cancel all and just hold 1, max 2. The smaller credit card companies die lah.

Jennifer said...

The only credit card I like is from Citibank. Every year, they auto-waive my annual fee and even gave me discount in redeeming my RM50 gov tax, from 10000 points to only 7000 points. Though I still feel 'bengang' with that RM50 tax. Sigh! I know some bank absorb that tax if you spend certain amount annually. Of course, that amount is crazy for me. Haha!

Elizebeth D.L. said...

wah, i didn't know can bargain leh... aiyoh.... :(