Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Have a little faith

Have a Little Faith: A True Story

I have become Mitch Albom's reader after my dad passed away in 2008. His books soothe me in some ways, not spiritually, just something I cannot explain. And also most of his stories are true stories, real life stories.

I bought this book in Chicago Airport last year, when I was transitting the flight to Virginia to meet my family for the vacation. And I only get to read it early this month. I finished the book this morning, as usual, his book always leave me with teary eyes at the end. I am easily touched by emotional sentences in the book, especially when it is death related, because every death related incident made me think of my dad, and I miss him so much, still do, every single day.

At first glance, it is a book of religions. After my dad passed away, I believe in no religion at all, for if something so powerful named God, I am sure he wouldn't make somebody as nice a person as my dad to leave this world so abruptly. This is unfair, and I still hold grudges towards Him (if he is out there). I don't care if I go to hell after I died, because I am losing faith that there is a Heaven anyway. Anyway, why do I still buy this book even though at first glance it is about religions? Because I believe in Mitch Albom the writer. Well, he proves me right again, this is aother good book written by him, after Tuesdays with Morrie. I have 5 of his books, and I still think Tuesdays with Morrie is still my favorite. I have to "murder" 2 tissue papers when I read the last chapters. It is that moving.

Just like to share some of the good books I read recently, now that I have so much time on hand for reading.

4 comments:

舞者 said...

The title says "have a little faith". Faith means Christianity?

Elizebeth D.L. said...

not quite. But the whole book is about him preparing hte eulogy for his reb (upon his Reb's request) and all those conversations and insights that he made with Reb during the visits for the preparation. (The reb asked him to do his eulogy before he passed away).

舞者 said...

I've never heard of "reb" until now.

Lucky Lazy Lynn said...

I love Mitch Albom too and my favourite book of his is Five People You Meet in Heaven.