Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Christmas List

I haven't had this feeling for very long time, too long that I don't even remember when was the last time - to finish a book within a day because I simply can't get my hands and eyes off it. I borrowed "The Christmas List" from library yesterday, and I was having such a good time reading it. At some chapters, i will laugh out all loud, some chapters I will laugh cynically, and towards the end of the chapters, I was crying and Jay was so worried he asked me what am I reading, is everything OK?

This is a book of love, friendship, father & son, betrayal, redemption and repention, etc. Oh.. so emotionally rich! Towards the end of the chapters, I was first crying because I was feeling so romantic and touched, then I cried because I felt sad because his wife is dying, then I cried because I felt happy for him that he has changed to a better man!

I am seriously thinking of buying this book to keep. Jay said I crazy, it will just collect dust on our bookshelve and I won't even read it second time. Maybe he is right. Anyway, I can picture how great a movie will the plot from this book make. Not sure if they made it into movie before?

No comments: