Thursday, September 03, 2009

Unpleasant flight experience

I had an unpleasant flight experience from Beijing to Shanghai lately. The flight descended too fast and pressure was too much for my ear at that time. I couldn't really hear a thing, and for 5 seconds, there's this piercing pain in my right ear. After I reached the ground, I still cannot hear clearly. You know, it's like someone is covering your ear when you speak and therefore u cannot hear clearly.

That was Thursday night.

I went to see doctor on Saturday because I was very afraid this will have long term effect. Normally within 2 hours after touch the ground, my ear will regulate back to normal. This time, it's more than 48 hours. Doctor see see my ear, and just give me a prescription of something spray into my nose.

I went to see doctor again today because I don't feel any much better. This time, I asked for different doctor. This doctor is more thorough. He said he saw my right ear got a small hole pierced, with some blood stain. I was shocked, and worried. Doctor again give me some spray for the nose (both of them said my nose block, but i don't feel anything also?), and warn me no water inside the ear, cannot catch flu if not will worsen the situation, and then chew gum often to regulate the air inside it.

I am very upset, one because I worried for one of my most important organ, second because I got myself hurt because of some stupid business trip that at the first place I shouldnt' be going, someone else should be going instead of me but because of that bitch, I have to go. Anyway.. i really hope it will get better next week:(

I told my best friend Kevin about this, he told me he got his ear hole pecah too one time, because his client yelled and scolded him over the phone. My this Kevin fren is a hongkie, managerial position at a great company, it's hard to believe he also got such difficult client to yell at him. After that phone call, he cannot hear anything! He went to see doctor. Doctor told him his hole pierced due to some high pitch noise. It took him 1.5 week to heal. He comforted me it will be alright. I cannot tell you how glad I feel everytime when something bad happened to me, he will phone me and comfort me. He is really my best fren, and it's like got 心灵感应 between us, this is so weird.

Anyway, I am totally gonna get this pressure regulate thing for my next flight!!! It's costly (158 yuan) so it had better be working on me!

No comments: