Sunday, August 23, 2009

Books & Chop-Chop

I am getting more and more liking China. It has Amazon.cn selling books at discounted price (and books in China is already cheap!!). I am so loving this facility.

I had gaolao as my visitor lately. As what visitor will do, they bugged me bring them to chenghuangmiao. Oi-shey.... haha.. anyway, I am honored to bring them around, because actually, everytime I go chenghuangmiao, I will buy something myself too. Sometimes is a tea-cup, sometimes is tea-container (they have damn nice tea container). And this time with gaolao, I bought a chop-chop (i called it chop chop because I don't know what is it called in English or Chinese. It's those rock, they 刻 your name on it one, and you can place your "signature" onto the book). Gao Lao bought a chop chop too but he said his one is not pretty. I love my chop chop. hahaha...

With the new chop-chop, I am more "hardworking" in reading books. I had finished 杜拉拉的升职记 (this novel is damn good, it's about those day-to-day political matters one will face in the office and at job),a translated novel 八百万种死法 (it's about a 酗酒 detective how he discovered who killed a prostitute and a "duckie" in New York), 橙子 (it's about a china chinese woman living in france and her romance history how she met a married guy and cannot help but to fall in love but then still cannot get his total love), 星巴克咖啡救了我的生命 (how a guy got lay off from a well-known company and then make his living working in Starbucks). After finished reading them, I placed my chop chop proudly on the front page, and signed the date. Yay!!

I have few more books left. After this, I will go bookstore to see what kind of book i want to read, and come back to online at amazon.cn and buy them at discounted price. hohoho... I know I know, I am very silai. But hey, why I want to spend full price buy them at bookstore and later so heavy to bring back have to take taxi? With amazon.cn, I can place the order, it delivered to my house or office and I pay them cash upon delivery (free delivery some mroe). So, Why not?:)

No comments: