Monday, March 24, 2008

My Beijing trip

I am still alive. hahaha... ok ok, I have so much to tell over my business trip in Beijing.

This trip, I was living at ring-4 area (四环)because it was close to where I am attending the meeting, and it makes me realized Beijing is really big... wide spread. Beijing has a total of 5 rings. Each ring is big, and jammed with cars...

Anyway, I want to tell you about this hotel, called Zhao Long Hotel. It was said it's a 5 bloody star, and the price is 1088 yuan per night, I only picked this hotel because it was close to where I having the meeting (it was a daily meeting). I don't want to sit in cars for more than 1 hour because of stupid traffic, so I stayed at this hotel where I can walk to that place. And thinking 1088 yuan per night is so expensive, it couldn't be less than what I expected what a 5-star hotel is.

I was WRONG. Dead wrong. The hotel is old! Checked-in officer is sibeh rude (I made a fuss about his attitude, asking what's his name, and complaint to his supervisor, yes, I am that fussy. Tell u why shortly), and the room shower place, looks like this:


Can you believe it? I cannot believe this. The interior really looks more like 3.5 star ok. Fuck shit.

OK, tell you why I complaint the officer. Upon checking in, I asked, is the room equipped with broadband, can I go onto internet? He answered, "yes, got the internet line, but without the laptop." And with sibeh face ok. I was dulan already. Who will expect a broadband room will come with laptop?? nia sing. Then, when he took my deposit on the credit card, he swapped 10,000 yuan! I asked him, why so much? He answered, "The deposit should be more than your rental fees." He said it in a way that implies I am so stupid, first time business trip, doens't know about the rule. I immediately asked for his name, Daniel Shi. And I asked for his supervisor to come see me right away. She came, this lady face is very sweet. And she apologized on his attitude. I wanted to say to her, "if your staff is sad because his gf dumped him or his pet died this morning or if he lost all his money in share market this morning, then please give him a day off", but I hold my temper. At least she has a pretty face and her attitude is very good.

NEVER, never ever stayed in Zhao Long Hotel if you come to Beijing! It's just a blardy 3 star hotel, charging you 1088 yuan per night without breakfast some more. Nia sing hotel.

After 3 days fuck shit trip in Beijing, and working more than 10 hours everyday, I am back to my home-sweet-home. Yes, I called Shanghai as home~~~~~ haha... Missed my bed. And I feel glad to shower in my comfy shower room. Yay!

p/s: Beijing standard of living so much lower than in Shanghai. I don't know why I realized this so much in this trip (it's not my first trip to Beijing). Cab fees are so cheap. Eating also cheap. My colleagues also told me the house in Beijing is cheaper than in Shanghai too. So I am not surprised that the group of people who can afford our product is much less than in Shanghai. haha.

No comments: