Wednesday, February 27, 2008

ALOOOOOO

My sotong assistant made a typo mistake on one of our important communication material. China custom picked it up, and refused to allow us to import that item.

This is not the first time she have typo mistake. It's OK, she is local chinese I know and she ought to get my merciful forgiveness.

But do you know what she replied to me after I wrote to her ask her to be more careful next time?

领导:
针对此个情况的产生,我想解释在由我一人翻译并负责跟踪事后的校对时.相信有些我自己的错误,我蛮难抓得出来.


我想针对此个情况,将来专门找家公司,负责我们最后的校验,主要是针对错别字和语法通病.使用范围为:中文说明书和catalogue等对外公众信息.

I was so shocked. They really can twist the fact around. The fact that she did not apologize on her mistake really pissed me off, and she wanted me to waste money for her to get an outside company to proof read her work?????

Holding my anger, I replied, "if you wish, with MINIMAL cost please."
I am so speecheless. Can anyone of you tell me it is OK for her to behave like this?

By the way, the piece of document she made mistake on, it's not 4-5 pages of articles full of words. It was just a simple instruction sheet, with lots of pictures and minimal words. ngo men nei sei mei?!

4 comments:

舞者 said...

Wouldn't you have said "如果我专门找家公司,要你干啥屁用?" to her and leave the anger to her? Isn't this a simple matter?

Elizebeth D.L. said...

It's not a simple matter. My dear, my company's culture, no matter how poor is your assistant, you should have mercy on them, and carry on with your life.

BTW, it is very difficult to fire someone in where I am living now.

Shopaholicfern said...

did she do it on purpose or is she just a careless person?

how about punishing her in some ways?

Shopaholicfern said...
This comment has been removed by the author.