Sunday, November 15, 2009

Some questions about facebook friendlist

Knowing there are some colleagues in my facebook, has restricted my freedom of speech in facebook. I cannot talk about my work, my job, and I cannot release my tension here with that bitch in the office! Argh!!

Does anyone know if I delete the contact, what is the answer to following question?:
- would they know? is there a notification sent to them telling them I have deleted them from my contact list?
- would they still able to read my stuff? (updates, photos?) I have already chose the option "only my friends can view".

And also, I always curious, for those that sent you request to add as friend, if you choose "decline", would they know? Since I don't know they will know if I cancel them or not, I normally just leave it, do nothing. But the thing is, it is very irritating to see "you have 5 friends request" on the top left panel. Err....!!

I feel those colleagues adding me to their facebook friendlist is intruding my freedom of speech!! I want to get rid of them!!! Knowing their characteristics, if I bla bla bla something about my job, they will definitely go spread the news to 500,000 miles on earth within half an hour. Yes, they are so "8".

Can some kind soul answer the top 2 questions I posted here?

7 comments:

limpeh said...

NO! if you delete anyone from your fb friend list, I think he/she will not be informed about this. Also, if you 'decline' someone's request to be your friend, he/she will not be informed as well. You can try to delete mine, and if I receive any notification, i will let you know..hehe

mun said...

They won't be notified if you delete them. Those friends that I have deleted will request that I add them as friends again. I approve them whenever they request again but then I will delete them after a few days. So it goes on until they get the idea and don't request again. Hehe.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

If they don't get the notification u deleted them, then why they want to re-request u to add them back again leh? How ah how ah?

Limpeh - I know u are Eric lah. hahaha.. I will delete u this weekend. U see see ah. Let me know if u get any notification. Don't worry, I will add u back later. heheh.

limpeh said...

who is eric? i am limpeh, linbu's husband, not Eric la.

ok, just delete me. if i receive any notification, i will let you know...hehe

mun said...

I think they re-request because they go through their list of friends one by one everytime they see the number of friends on their list become less than previously to see who has gone off their list. (Maybe they have nothing better to do). :)

Another way is to open another facebook account and put the setting to not searchable. Then only invite people you want to add as your friends. Some of my "friends" did this and I know I was not invited. :(

舞者 said...

In short, Facebook is not a place to be your true self.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

old law, facebook can be true self, just need to be careful of who is in your so-called "friend" list, that's all.

I will clean up some soon.