Tuesday, April 07, 2009

阳朔之旅

I am back from Yangshuo! Yay, another accomplishment. I told Jay this is it, there's nothing else in China interests me anymore. I have been to most if not all, of the most interesting places in China! All done with my honey:-)

It's a very relaxing trip because we managed our own itenary and time. Luckily it's not with tour group, if not, they sure bring us see the yong-tree (very old one wor), and the 岩洞 which it is not my cup of tea. I have seen it else where, so I can imagine what's inside, and it's boring.

Actually, the only interesting thing in Yangshuo, is the mountain. Let pictures do the talking. We also did hot-air balloon, it was fun!! But the fog is a bit thick so we cannot see clear clear view like those in the postcard picture, but it is good enough, see the view?
We went to see the 刘三姐印象, actually, from just the name it sounds very boring and kampung feel, liu san jie wor.... but I read so many good comment about this show, and it is not cheap. In China, anything not cheap should be good. hahahha... so, we went to watch the show. It was fantastic!!! The way they use the lights and colors and include 600 people to complete the play, is so fascinating. The director is 张艺谋, he uses "light bulbs" in one of the show (very "Olympic" feel), it was so fascinating. Camera cannot capture how beautiful it is... if you ever go yangshuo, please, cannot miss this show.


After the show, it was almost 9pm, we sit on the "public transportation" to bring us to West Street 西街. This street is so happening at night time. We had our dinner there, walk walk, see see, before we know it, it was almost 11.30pm. There's a lot of happening pub at West street. And almost all restaurant on that street has perfect English menu, ngor mun nei sei mei? hahaha...


The next day, we did cycling. I was so regret why I didn't ask for the double-cycle so Jay can do the pedaling and I just sit behind comfortably. I am so small guts when it comes to cycling. Whenever any vehicle hon behind me, I stopped. I am not good at cycling. Nevertheless, this does not stop us from enjoying the boat ride later on, and the view along the river:




On the 3rd day, we went to 龙脊梯田,it's a 3 hour car ride. Wah, sit until butt butt also pain. But the view is worth the pain. The driver told us the best view is in May and October. Our this time of the year, can only see some shape. Sob sob... but never mind lah, let the imagination run wild. hehe... We climbed a lot of staircase that day, the air is so fresh there (like our Cameron Highland), and people there are very friendly, "real", and they look happy. No cunning faces as in Shanghai.

We had lunch at one of the local's house, actually, it was her restaurant, but she kept saying, "come to my house for lunch". The lady is very friendly. She even owns the "hotel". Can stay there one. We ordered our lunch, and her son cook for us, so funny. hahaha... but don't play play, her son quite leng chai one, and his cooking is quite good:)
Can you see my tired face walking down the staircase? hehe...

The fourth day, our flight is at night time, so we lepak in the town, and have second boat ride. This time, the boat ride is cheap, and nicer view (I think). And the place is just near our hotel, no need go far far. haha... here's some fantastic view:

There, finished the Yangshuo trip. It's a relaxing trip with 山山水水. :-)

3 comments:

Purple~MushRooM said...

Not bad wor... so fast blogged about it. Reminds me of last year when I went there with my hubby. It's a great place!! I still love it!

Elizebeth D.L. said...

I like it, but still, our jiu zai gou trip last time beats this one. hehehe...:)

tienyang said...

D.L. you're so HungFok, makes me envy, but thanks for your sharing too, at least I can experience it through your beautiful pictures (they must be chosen from thousands of them right) indirectly. And also enjoy your language-straight forward, and sometimes funny.:)