Wednesday, October 24, 2012

cucu, datuk, and adik

Bui and I love to talk rubbish on bed before we sleep, well, sometimes lah, not all the time. Here's what happened 2 nights ago:

(I don't know why the "cucu" words came out at first... but we start from there)

Me, "hey, I ask you, do you know what does cucu mean in Malay?"

Bui, "neh, the pacifier lah... "chuuu chuuu...""

Me -- nearly fainted... wanted to hit him.. but hold myself.

Me, "no, I give you one more chance."

Bui, "I still think it is baby's 奶嘴", some more, he do the sounds and the expression of baby sucking the pacifier... I can't hold it anymore -- NO!!!!!!! aiyoh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hhahahahahahaha...

Me, "It means 孙子 lah!!! you idiot!!!!!!!!"

Bui, "cheh, then what does malay call 爷爷?"

Me, (shit.... I totally forgot about the Ye Ye in malay wor... I know nenek... I know cucu.... but yeye???"

Me, ".................."

Bui, "faster lah..."

Me, "OK, you got me this one..."

Bui, "it is Datuk lah!!"

Me, "... sounds like our fren Eric wor..." hahaahhahahahahahaa...

Bui continue to suan me, "datuk also don't know.... idiot loh"

Me, "@#$%!!"

Me, "Not fair leh.. I give you malay words and ask you meaning. You terbalik one. Not fair to me. I sure know datuk meaning if you ask me what is datuk"

Bui, "ok ok.. another one. what do you call 姐姐?"

Me, "Kakak!!!"

Bui, "妹妹?"

Me, "Adik!"

Bui, "Wrong... adik is 弟弟!!"

Me, "NO!!!! Adik means 弟弟 or 妹妹 lah!!"

Bui, "you try to confuse me"

Me, "you go google now"

Bui, "no need to google, you bluff one."

Me, "...."

So... Eric, what do you call 妹妹?? adik right??? I want to proof him wrong... give me the answer!!!

I hope our noise did not wake up our neighbors... lots of giggling, haha-ing, and hitting sounds.... now think back also pai seh...

8 comments:

limpeh said...

hahaha....this is really funny !!

i think buibui always try to resemble the sound of the malay word he don't know...for example, tunai he will relate to tuna fish...and cucu..he will think of pacifier..hahaha..as I recall it..

yes, adik is either 妹妹 or 弟弟. to be specific, you need to say adik lelaki or adik perempuan

eh, why not you ask him what is the difference between itek, betik and tetek ? see he know or not ... hahahaha

Jennifer said...

So funny la! I smiled while reading this. People who saw me probably thought I was crazy.

"Adik" = younger brother or sister. You can prove your hubby wrong as I'm a Malay tutor so my answer sure correct. We normally use to say "adik perempuan" or "adik lelaki" to differentiate the gender.

Now ask him what does "sepupu" mean? Do you know too? Haha!

Elizebeth D.L. said...

i know sepupu!!! 表哥表妹表姐表弟 right?? hahahaha....

the funny part is when I told him the meaning of cucu, he said, "... never heard of it!" I wonder how he pass his malay exam at primary school... sigh... well... miracle eh?

Elizebeth D.L. said...

itek, betik and tetek saya pun tak tau leh... hahahahahha... I know batik, itik :P Eric, why you give so difficult ones!

limpeh said...

where got difficult, very simple malay what ...sorry typo, i wanted to type itik actually .. there are more difficult one, like what is the difference between malu, pemaluan and kemaluan...even samy vellu also got mixed it up...HAHAHA

Elizebeth D.L. said...

OK, So there's no itek, it was itik! Cheh.... then I also know lah, duck duck. hahaha... did you have typo on batik too??!

Samy Vellu mixed up dada and dadah, you told me before. hahahaha....

I asked Bui what is "sepupu", Eric you are right, he goes by sound. He said it is 大便. He said pooh pooh...

I really don't know how he went through primary and secondary Malay class... there's no way he can write an essay in Malay with this standard... and he never heard of cucu... makes me think if he even attended malay classes at primary school.

mun said...

Your post is so funny! Did he read this post and laugh too?

Elizebeth D.L. said...

Mun, my bui never read my blog. He said no eye see wor. hahahaha...

Sometimes I aksed him, you not afraid I send love letter on blog to some other guy?? He said he trust me I won't do that... speechless.