Tuesday, September 18, 2012

"I have to be fair with my wife"

Below conversation took place between me and boss (male) on one fine day...

Boss: "My mom is not very well lately. She just had knee surgery. And she is getting old. I am worried about her."

Me: " Oh.. is she living with you and your family?"

Boss: "No. She lives alone."

Me: "Oh... " 不解 expression shown on my face. Not because the fact that she lives alone. It is the fact that you tell people you worried about your mom, and she is ill, and very old, and yet you let her stay alone.

Boss continued : "I have to be fair with my wife."

Fair?????????????????????

What the hell is this????????????????????????

How is taking care of your mom being unfair with your wife by staying together?

I know 家家有本难念的经, but what you said is what you think. Unbelievable a son will think like this. But then again, I am not surprised. My nearby also got such one fresh example lah. Yiu.

See lah? Prove another - son is really 没有心肝. (This will piss off a lot of people, but, so far 90% of the time I see this happening).


6 comments:

mom said...

的确家家有本难念的经。 儿子成了家,妻子的地位始终是排第一,这是无可厚非的事。但是,父母亲一定要孝顺,平时多和老人家聊聊天,多关心他们。这些已足以让父母感到欣慰!
直至父母没法自己照顾自己时,是时候接老人家同住了。其实,有太多的老人,在可以自己照顾自己的情况下,他们是选择独居的。

Elizebeth D.L. said...

Yes, but when they are not able to take care of themselves anymore, then definitely the children will have to do something. The crap that wife comes first is good, and that is why it is always important to get a good and understanding wife ;) haha..

不止家家有本难念的经,更是家家对孝顺的观念不一样。全赖从小的家教。“某些”人就是在没有家教的情况下,产生“歪念”,然后还以为自己是对的。Ridiculous.

mun said...

If the mother is very old and ill and both son and wife is working fulltime, staying together will not be of much help. Hiring a fulltime qualified nurse to look after the old and ill mother is a better solution.

Anyway, for children who are now living overseas (not your boss la), how to live together and look after old parents?

Elizebeth D.L. said...

His wife is not working lah. stay home 24 hours. Maybe that's why cannot work. 24 hours see each other everyday, maybe will kaboom. hhaahhaa...

Elizebeth D.L. said...

Actually my point is, it is not my judgement to say you should or should not live with your mom given she is old, ill, and needed help with walking. My point is, if you acknowledge that she needs help in her daily chores, then you should not protect yourself by saying because of your wife, you did not ask your mom stay with you. If you are Type A person, be Type A all the way, don't pretend you are also type B even though you really are Type A. Maybe I am not making any sense. hahahha...

My point is, my Boss is an ***hole lah. 讨厌!

mun said...

oic. Understand now. lol at your last sentence!