Thursday, August 02, 2012

My new hobby - Biking

I recently am very addicted to biking.

When I am walking on the street, I will observe people's bike, how theirs look like, what gear they have. Does it look light or heavy. How did they get on to the bus with bike hooked in front of bus, how did they get on to skytrain, what are the rules and conditions to have it on skytrain, safety helmet, etc.

But then people who knows me, know I am very "short passion". That is, my passion for something normally does not last long (except for Bui, hahahaa). Knowing my this weakness, I decided to buy a used bike.

Because I am small size, it is not easy to look for a used bike that suits me. Most of them are for Bui's height (he alraedy got a bike 2 years ago loh). My height needs a 14" frame. Most advertised are 16" to 24". Very gek sei yan ah... but 皇天不负有心人, I found one!! I so scared it sold to others, I immediately take off early from work, and go to her house to have a look.

This is what it is advertised. Not girlie (I was afraid of pink). I saw many 14" bike are for kids, and they are in princess pink (vomit). hahaha.... anyway, I tried, and it is a perfect size, and I feel comfortable riding it. I bought it for $80! yay~


Went home, immediately we go for a ride near our neighborhood (there's a long bike trail, very nice). Very nice weather, everything so nice. And I asked ah bui take a pic of me. And he dropped my iphone! Iphone screen was cracked, like a spider-web. Still can use, just screen is no good. I very upset lah of course. Bui insisted he wants to take it to store to fix. I told him if it is more than $50 I don't want to fix. Bui said, "cannot, must fix, because if don't fix, you will scold me everytime you use your iPhone.". hahahaa....

The screen was fixed for $55. My phone is 3GS. I am waiting for i5 to come out lah so I can get a new contract. That's why I don't mind to wait. But Bui insisted... anyway, the new screen is very nice. I think better than my old screen, dunno why leh? haha...

I am so addicted to bike riding now. We went for another ride yesterday (without my iPhone this time) to our nearby grocery store to check out prices (first time go that grocery store). First time ride on the road with cars... a bit scary... but I think I will get used to it. Yes, I wore helmet, although it makes me look retarded, but, safety comes first. haha..

Our bikes (both also used one haha).

4 comments:

mun said...

Healthy new hobby! You got good money sense to buy a used one - some used things are as good as new ones. So fun to go cycling together. Enjoy! :D

Elizebeth D.L. said...

We went further yesterday, to get a vanilla ice cream cone from MacDonald. hehehe... Gosh, I am so addicted to the bike now.

When the wind brushes my face as I was riding, the "senses" of childhood all came back. I used to ride my bike after dinner every single days during one period of my childhood time, wearing the same set of pyjamas made by my grandma (I still can remember vividly how that pyjamas looks like, hehe), and it was a time without any single worry/frustration/烦恼 in life. It was a very happy window of time in my life:)

Elizebeth D.L. said...

Just want to update to myself, today is Oct 11, summer of course, is officially over... the number of times I rode my bike is 5 times... hmmmm... I already getting tired of it. Maybe I will sell it off next year. Wah.. luckily I did not get a new bike. I know myself too well!

mun said...

Well, you are busy studying and working fulltime so it is understandable that time is not enough to include cycling.