Wednesday, June 20, 2012

95%

Bui and I are very very very busy lately. Our new apartment has been completed, and we took key last week. It is small but it is "ours". The feeling is so different. 

Weekend, we busy went to Ikea to shop for some cabinet for living room and also for washroom. And shoes rack too. Since everything is small, so we have to take measurement carefully. We so glad we able to find shoe rack that can fit into the entrance area just nice. It was as if it was tailored made for it. haha. But I realized Ikea does not supply nail/screw for attaching purpose. Ikea ah Ikea, some of your fixture, blind also can see MUST be attached to the wall, can't you supply the screw instead of making us stop at that point, and only realized then need to buy screw, and it was late already, shop closed, and we can only continue the next day?

We only managed to install a white cabinet on top of the mahtong. Even that, was so tiring. we can only do a little each day after I come home from work. I have to save the holiday for my sister's wedding, can't use it on matters like such.


I almost screw the wrong side of the board... luckily Bui is more careful type of person, he corrected me before I screw it tight! haha...

With these guys help!:

Yes, I have become a handy man in Canada! hahahaha.... we do feel very sumtong when we put in screw into the wall, which we never felt so before (with landlord's apartment). hahaa...

We were so busy, we didn't even bother re-paint the wall. Anyway, the new unit came with a white wall. Good for anything to goes with it. For the time being, it has to be white.

With these things going on, I still have to take my midterm last Tuesday, and classes every week (after work, 2 days). Sooooo tiring. Before each class, we have to read the chapters first. And because the course is Canadian Business Law, we have to read so many cases in the class everytime. So many readings to do, and some wordings are so "deep". Luckily I am already used to reading a lot, but still. At one point, I almost cried to Bui "I want to give up, this is too difficult, at my age!". Bui as usual, let me do ANYTHING, he replied "OK, quit. I don't want to see you so suffer." Then me, as usual, very practical type, "then the $600 tuition fees, mah thrown into the sea?????? CANNOT LAH!!!!!!!" This goes on as a cycle for many days (conversation), while we busy doing renovation, and schooling. SIGH!

Last night, I got back my midterm 1. Guess what? I got 95%!!! At first I cannot believe it. I thought instructor gave mark wrongly. Then she goes through the questions with the whole class, only I realized this is real. hahahaa.... the korean girl next to me got 31%. She doesn't seem very happy... the guai low behind me, asked me, "how did you do on midterm?" I replied, "it was alright". Then I asked him, "How did yours go?". He showed me two big thumbs up and a wide smile! "Awesome!". I said, "good for you. so, what's the score?" He showed me. It was 88%. Ah cheh....... I almost laugh out loud. OK... guai low memang don't know how to be "him" 谦.

I was so happy I texted Bui right away. Then I showed him the test paper at night. And I still can't beleive i got 95%. Bui said he has a new name for me, the name is, "95". hahaha...

Anyway..... i still have midterm 2 and Final to pass..... hope I can do "OK". :p Btw, instructor said to me "good work" last night, when I said goodbye to her. Makes me as happy as a standard one kid!!! :-)

We have to pack stuff into boxes too. We are moving this Saturday. And then have to do so many little tweeny tinny thingy such as get insurance for the unit, arrange for tv cable and internet at new place and disconnect at old place, find movers, schedule electricity, change address (kill me, with quite a few credit cards!) wahhhhhh... head also  almost kaboom...:s Moving is really no fun!!!!! We are sick of moving, hopefully next one is gonna be some years down the road. But, we don't mind to move into bigger house next time! That's for sure:)

6 comments:

mun said...

Congrats! congrats! For getting 95% and for moving into your very own place! Happy news indeed. :D

mom said...

小待: 不容易喔!宝刀未老也!继续加油!新居慢慢布置,白色看上去清爽些,虽然较易脏。屋雅何须大,重要的是由两人精心营造的温馨窝。

Elizebeth D.L. said...

Midterm 2 is next week. I am so... burnt.

Last night, sitting at the class, doing the quiz that the lecturer gave us, I had a feeling my brain stops working. I can't even make sense of a simple sentence. If the quiz count as the course mark (luckily it is not), I failed miserably last night. Ahhh........

:-(

limpeh said...

wow..very nice wo, moving to own sweet home today huh..i share your joy.

so, just like go back to mba course last time. work, homework, assignments, projects, weekday classes...these things can drive you flat out


you memang top scorer since college time Elizebeth! welldone ! ...can score 95% is something unachievable for me so far..good good.

from now on, i will call you Mdm 95:)

Elizebeth D.L. said...

Bui seriously calls me jiu shi wu. like a sports player. hahaha...

mun said...

Maybe your hubby will give you a sports jersey with the number 95 at the back as a gift! :)