Thursday, October 27, 2011

Oops, I did it again...

Last week already saw the VPL (Vancouver Public Library) got the notice big big outside the building, Book Sale Oct 27-30. I told myself "ignore it!"

But then, this whole week I am counting down to Oct 27th. Yesterday, I curi-curi happy a while, because tomorrow is going to be Oct 27th (which is today).

After lunch, I grabbed my bag, and crossed the street to VPL. Boss said he aint coming back to office today because he has meetings, so, I have unlimited time to spend at VPL!!! hohohohoh.... so happy...  Went there at 1.30pm... by 3.30pm, my back was very very sore.. coz I took so many books with me, and my bag, inside just got wallet only, but still got some weight, so my shoulder and back are sore from holding bag and books.... If not because of this, I would have stayed longer and bought more!

我的战利品!

I wanted to see more, but beh tahan my hands... so, I have to come back to office. $15.25 is the price for all of them. I only picked the new looking books, and I saw so many of the books I bought on kindle, they are there too, new looking, and so cheap! I regretted. But well, at least I know there are some of my taste books selling at VPL, which is not bad. hehehe..

Shoulders still sore... I need a massage. I told bui what I did... his replied was "how you gonna bring home?".... I guess I have to drive to work one of these days to bring the baby back.

But I do make mistakes. Some books I bought before, which I thought was good to read but turned out other wise, I am thinking to donate them out.... to clear some of the shelf space for my newbie... I told Bui the bookshelf we bought before is too small, he no listen. Maybe I will sell the bookshelf and get a new bigger one next time, when our new house is ready.

While I was choosing the books, because the books are getting higher and higher, and I kept having to keep moving to the side because I am blocking people, then I suddenly found I'm missing one of the book that I selected. I panicked, I make rounds and rounds of where had I been moments ago, and I thought I will never see it again, but my eyes are good, I spotted it lying in between the other books! Hahaha... happy.

I will go tomorrow again... Shh... don't tell Bui. :p

6 comments:

mom said...

哈! 有其母必有其女,妈妈似乎看见了年轻的自己....常扛书忙,那兴奋劲比中彩票还高兴啊!

Elizebeth D.L. said...

我今天还要再去! 哈哈~

Elizebeth D.L. said...

can't go today: 1) raining 2) boss at office.

唉哉!

舞者 said...

It'll be fun when you move home later.

Please write about the interesting books you read, preferably non-fiction.

mimi said...

ah......... i cant believe it. Kill me ba hahahaa :D are you fever, sis? 你的战利品应该是名牌。为什么一年变化这么大?改去书本。而且还是历史书。哈哈。 

mun said...

Wah, with all your books and your kindle you have so much to read to entertain yourself now!