Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Save some trees, would you?

I signed up for a month unlimited passes to Yoga. It is a community recreational center, very very very near my house... so, why not?:p

Anyway, there's an incident happened today and yesterday (at bank), that makes me 感慨万分.

Yesterday, at bank, we are opening a new account, something like FD in Malaysia. So, the financial planner asked me, "do you want us to mail you the monthly statement? Or do you like to go paperless and view it online?". I have had terrible experience with HSBC on e-statement, I damn scared. I told her I want the monthly statement mailed and also i want to be able to view online. She a bit boh song wor... she said, "ok.. just thought will give you an option to save some trees... hehehe." I totally don't think it is funny loh. I want to tell her my bad experience with HSBC... but I refrained. I want both options still, i told her.

Today, at that recreational center, I changed something on my pass. So the guy at reception helped me changed in the system, and then asked me if I want to print out the statement (after he made the changes). I said, "yes, why not?" Then he pushed his computer screen to me and show me the changes were done, implicating there's no need to print it out lah. He said, "so.. do you still need the print out?". I felt pressured. I said, "fine, no need then." Then he like very happy, and he said, "great, we saved a tree!"

I have no problem in saving trees. But the "saving trees" and "HSBC bad experience" kept haunting me. They are like twins, whenever people said "save a tree", I will think of the bad HSBC. eeeeeeeeee....

I need to do more yoga to calm myself. huhuhuhuhu~~~

5 comments:

舞者 said...

I bet you don't dare to ask for plastic bags next time you go shopping.

mun said...

In Canada, the e-systems should be better I guess. No more terrible experience maybe.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

I am very environmental friendly when it comes to plastic bag. We have good training in shanghai. They charge quite a bit for all plastic bag. It is a good way to shape up the good habit.

Mun: ya. Let's hope so:)

舞者 said...

Looks like Melbourne is behind Shanghai in this regard. I have to make the conscious effort of stopping cashiers from giving me plastic bags.

June said...

I have change to e-statement 2 years ago. I was so sick of filling all the paper statements.
Our mobile company charge us $2 for actual paper statements.
E-statement is good in a way because you can use your gmail to do all your filling for you and when you need it you can just forward instead of scanning the statements.