Sunday, September 05, 2010

Labor Day

Today is Labor Day of Canada, and U.S.

So different from Asia's labor day date.

dim gai leh?

It's a "No Tax Day" in Superstore. I bought the iPhone car charger. Now, if we are on the road, we no longer fear that my iphone is out of battery (especially when we are depending on it's GPS service). Yay. Saved 3 bucks oh. hohoho... If hari hari is No Tax Day, isn't that fantastic?

Also bought a bag of candle, it says "each can last about 8 hours"... I will try tonight. I discovered by accident that a brand I bought from carrefour in Shanghai can last about 5 hours, that's the longest I have seen in market. 8 hours? I first time hear only... duk ng duk gah?

Every where is on sale for Labor Day. I think after tomorrow, the kids will be back to school. Yay... everything will be back to normal, no more stupid college kids lingering in mall at day time (they look very 颓废). I also bought another pair of sun-glasses from GAP yesterday at downtown. I get 20% off if I signed up for their membership wor, so why not? Plus, they have this cool service, if the item you bought is having another sale within 15 days of your purchase, you will automatically get the difference credited back to your account. This kind of service, I 1st time hear. So considerate. I like it.

5 comments:

mun said...

"No Tax Day" sounds good. Can't imagine what it would be like in Msia when GST is implemented in the future. :(

Elizebeth D.L. said...

Guess what?

That candle really burns more than 8 hours!

mun said...

Why do you need to burn candles? Are they aromatic candles or normal candles?

Elizebeth D.L. said...

I have those burners, so I put the aromatic drops on top of the burner and below i put candles to heat it up so the smell can come out. Lavender is my favorite, but lately i bought the "green tea & lemon" from body shop, the smell is really soothing. I like it a lot.

mun said...

oic. Thanks for explaining. I have only tried Citronella oil, may try the one you like next time.