Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Good books?

I ordered two books from amazon china, they arrived within 2 days. No delivery fees charged. I am happy.

Very old poh poh style hor to feel happy on this small little thing?

By the way, I can't find any good books (have to be my taste also lah of course) that is written by chinese writer lately, and this, I feel disappointed. Where are the good books?

My good fren Siew Wai bought many 几米 books from amazon too... I used to like 几米 a lot, but.. later on I feel very ng dai to finish his books (some more so expensive one) within one hour. So, i stop following his book.

Then I like this japanese comics 高木直子, her famous "150cm Life" is so funny... I bought all her collection, and she never draw any new stuff lately. I am quite disappointed also. Also, I lent one of the book to my manager, she never returns also :( sob. Now my collection is "not perfect" liao. Sigh. Should I re-buy that one?

Mitch Albom also another one. No new books newly written lately. Why??

I think next trip when i go back KL, i want to buy "P.S. I Love You". I watched the dvd, it's so touching... i want to buy the books to read it. I believe this is a true story?? Anyway, cannot let bui bui knows, he hate I read or watch this kind of "grey" color movie one.

I also wasted my time reading a novel, i think the name is simi 摩天轮... that book is wasting my time. It is so sad to realized this after I spent 1 week to finish the last chapter and the story just ended like that. Chiu..... I think when she wrote that last chapter, she gup si, that's why she 草草了事. I am so disappointed.

My mom asked me to buy “我与父辈"... this one I also think not so good. His writing is really so-so only. The only good thing to get from this book is to understand how those 农民 live back in those pre and post-文化大革命 period. And I have read 1/3 already, he still hasn't written anything very touching about his dad, or his uncles; actually, he seldom talks about his dad, at least in that 1/3 pages that I read. So, I am going to give up on the 2/3 portion. Again, wasted my time lah.

Anyone has any good books to recommend lately?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can get the book- The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman, (as I just finished reading it last week); else the Stephenie Meyer's vampire love story books (twilight, new moon, eclipse and breaking dawn) also not bad..(that's my story books to read before sleep) hehe..

have a good weekend ahead!

christine

mun said...

Do you like true story? If you do, perhaps you would like to read "Not Without My Sister".

What do you mean by ""grey" color movie"?

Elizebeth D.L. said...

thanks christine:) let me see see got these books here or not.

Mun - it means, story that is not very "positive", 灰灰的感觉,没有阳光. Watch already become negative.

mun said...

I have not watched nor read "P.S. I Love You" but I thought the story is about how a woman comes to accept the death of her husband when she does all the daily things he asked her to do in his letters to her. I got the info from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS,_I_Love_You when I was deciding whether to read the book or not. Isn't it supposed to be uplifting and positive?

Anyway I am resisting this book as I do not like the sound of the other books by the author, Cecilia Ahern. A bit too mushy for me.