Wednesday, October 07, 2009

60th Anniversary -- 总理,您辛苦了


I was flipping channels after dinner last night, and suddenly I stopped at a news channel, featuring President Hu visiting a park in Beijing, hand shaking the people's hand in the park, asking them some questions, and chit chatting with them.

There are 2 lines of conversation that leaves strong impression in my head, even until this afternoon:

President Hu, hand shaking a old po po (not very old lah, probably late 50s), telling her "要照顾好身体,好日子在后头呢". I am very touched when he said that good life is waiting for them in the future. Wow.. that is very motivating.

And the second phrase that moves me, is when he talking to a canadian chinese that visited Beijing in the park, he asked her, "感觉如何?" she answered "很好,越来越好!总理,您辛苦了!"... wah... i don't know about President Hu, but I sure feel very moved and motivated. And normally it is only President Hu gets to say this phrase, "同志们,你们辛苦了!", not the other way round, "总理,您辛苦了!"

Of all the scenes that the tv news captured last night, the 老百姓 all very feel proud and excited to meet President Hu and wanted to shake his hand so badly like he is the popular singing stars like that.

Then I picture myself, what would I do if I meet our PM in Midvalley? I will not so eager go shake his hand, and I don't think he will create such a 冲动 in the crowd also, prabably those that appeared eagerly wants to shake his hand are the "actors".... if u know what i mean.. And this scene won't happen one lah... nah. Totally don't think so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I respect this President, who was not democratically elected, much more than the Prime Minister, who was apparently democratically elected. Ironic isn't it?

The movie "The Founding of A Republic" was shown here in the Hoyts for several days around the 1st Oct. Each day the cinema was packed. Imagine ourselves, going to the cinema to watch some guys in sarong at the 60th anniversary of our country. For me, no **** way, and I don't *** care what my countrymen say.