Thursday, January 04, 2007

aiyoh~~~~~~~~

A local credit card company upgraded (on their own initiative) my current normal credit card to GOLD credit card.

I was quite happy to receive it yesterday. Until I saw my name on the credit card, I almost faint.

Instead of my real name, they dunno come up from where, put my name as "Luo Daishi".

I had high respect to this company before, until yesterday this moment.

I mean, how can you simply translate your client name and put on the card???

I called the customer service officer. Told her, where did they get my name as "Luo Daishi". She did not answer clearly. Anyway, i just want her to change the name back to my real name. I asked her to repeat the name to me (who knows ah? later same mistake make twice how ah?), she like don't understand why I asked her to do that. And before I put down the phone, i told her I would be very appreicated if you guys don't simply translate and change my real name. She like don't get my point like that, coz no reaction from her (why these people like wood like that one???).

I am, again, having another cultural shock for the day. Whooo Whoo...

11 comments:

Unknown said...

that is hillarious babe.. can you snap a photo ?

Elizebeth D.L. said...

hmm... ok, why not.. kekeke.. wait wait ah;)

Elizebeth D.L. said...

btw, no camera today lah. next week lah....

angela said...

its ok one. since its NOT your real IC/Passport name, u can swipe the card and don't pay back lor! it's not your LEGAL name mar...
hahahhaha...
eh, my bank account there back then also they put the translated pinyin name ok. and i was worried to death they won't let me take out my money since none of my official documents bore that name.
they refused to change for me. but thank goodness i can withdraw money, apparently all you need is the bloody bank passbook and a PIN and they'll give you the money. NO NEED TO SEE PASSPORT!!!
dunno to be happy or not lor...

nicknooo said...

think you must communicate with them in their language, the high pitch tone they used to, must shout shout, talk loud loud, then only they understand la!

angela said...

Happy New Year Ichigo!

Elizebeth D.L. said...

aiyah, they very woody one. you shout also they no expression, like their face bloodvessels all die like that, no feeling.

Anyway, it is about the questions "self-identity".. i also know I can use the card without much hassle.. but it is a bit weird that i have real english name but they refuse to use.. but my first card with them, they use my real english name, so in thier database, my english name is there loh... so why second card they dun refer to their database one is it? this is waht i don't understand loh. And.. a bit "surprised".

Unknown said...

just think of it as .. Spelling mistake babes~ like serious spelling mistake~ Like I always spell in Malay, hahahaha.. like you spell your boss punya boss punya boss name wrong.. hahahahahahahhahahha

twice somemore.. hahahahahahah ;p

Elizebeth D.L. said...

KX, about spelling his name wrongly some more sending the email to him (stupidest thing), I recalled the email. But he read it!!! KNNCB.

If people recall email right, I will not so gei poh go read it. But why some people just don't give a damn about the meaning of "recall" ah??? So gei poh. @#$%!

but anyway, that happened long time ago lah.

Elizebeth D.L. said...

and babe, this is not about mis-spelled. This is totally don't respect my REAL english name lah.

but they act fast. I received the correct card yesterday. It takes less than 3 working days for the bank to rectify problem. Which is damn good compare to our harimau bank.

Anonymous said...

isnt it a common practice in China to use han4 yu3 pin4 yin1 for "English" name? Is your chinese name within any governmental records? If it is, I am not surprised they direct translate for you.