Sunday, August 29, 2010

Taste Bud changed

I still remember when we first moved to Shanghai, we thought the food there sucks. It was too oily, too salty, and too sweet. But then slowly, we found restaurants that we love the food there. And then suddenly one year, when I went back to Malaysia, I excitedly go visit those my favorite stalls for chaw kueh teow, laksa, dim sum, and I ended up feeling very disappointed --- they no longer taste good. The cook has changed?

No, it was our taste bud has changed. It has been accustomed to Shanghainese/Chinese style and it strayed away from our Malaysian style slowly.

I think the same thing is happening to me again. Yesterday, Hosea brought us to this Malaysian restaurant. He said the laksa is damn nice. I was so excited. Went there, put the first spoon of soup inside my mouth, and I was totally disappointed again - Not nice one!!! But then Hosea finished his whole bowl of soup.

Jay and I tried out this Sichuan restaurant 2 days ago and we ordered the spicy froggie. I have never tasted such undelicious froggie... :( Obviously the froggie is not fresh and it was from frozen food. We were both disappointed.

Jay and I haven't really found any good restaurant that we both think it has good food. So far, whenever we go try out new restaurant with excitement, it always end up with disappointment. Sometimes I will murmur to Jay, "I cook also taste better than them... yew..." =(

Maybe it takes time?? So far, I really think I cook better than any food we tasted outside. This feeling is no fun. I am very 泄气. By the way, I am not a fantastic cook. I am just a normal cook, so, those cook outside can easily surpass my level, but no, the food tasted not nice one!

Help~~~~~~~~~~

p/s: The only thing that does not fail me yet is the Japanese restaurant here. Japanese food here tastes so much fresher and so much better than those in Shanghai. Of course lah, the salmon fish is from here leh..

1 comment:

舞者 said...

Most so-called Malaysian restaurants outside Malaysia are disappointing. More expensive, less satisfaction.